by Brian Dorsey
Week 5 has come and gone, so let’s go ahead and find out what’s on our plate for this week. Here are the Top-10 Two Start Pitchers in each league, some interesting notes, and the weather reports.
Two Start Pitchers
- Jon Lester (@TOR, @NYY): Was scratched from Sunday’s start, so he becomes the AL’s premier two-start pitcher this week.
- Max Scherzer (@TOR, KC): Big Max. Already has five wins. We just wish his WHIP wasn’t so godawful.
- Josh Beckett (MIN, @NYY): Gets the Twinkies at home (0.47 ERA in Fenway), but then gets the Bronx Bombers (5.59 ERA in New Yankee Stadium).
- Trevor Cahill (@TEX, CHW): Not all of us at Rotoballs were big believers in this kid. But his strikeout numbers are changing our minds.
- Michael Pineda (@BAL, @CLE): Could very well get 20 Ks this week. It’s going to take more than the Orioles and Indians to derail this train.
- Brandon Morrow (DET, @MIN): Getting his legs under him, and each start is followed by a better one.
- C.J. Wilson (OAK, LAA): You like his strikeouts, not to mention the match ups.
- Josh Tomlin (TB, SEA): You don’t like this guy’s strikeout, but he’s winning and his ratios are out of this world.
- Ervin Santana (CHW, @TEX): He’s been up and down, so you might want to sit him in Texas.
- Jake Arrieta (SEA, @TB): Has yet to face either team this year, but when facing similarly weak offenses, he’s gotten the job done.